Monday, February 29, 2016

Blog #6

I chose to evaluate Mr. Bragg's 5th grade classroom at Butteville Union Elementary School website: http://ericbragg.wix.com/butteville
On the home page there is a huge photo of his fifth grade class, a brief description of "Mr. B", and pictures of their classroom projects. As you navigate the site you can see a page that is dedicated to projects. There is another tab where it gives you information of how to get involved. The next tabs have resources, photos and contact information.

I envision myself using classroom websites to get information out to my students' parents and to show pictures of our creative projects. I would also use educational websites as study aids and as an interactive way for my students to learn the course material. According to the podcast, traditionally teachers used to have to go to conferences and conventions to promote professional development but with technological advances teachers they can gain these professional advances while being more efficient and effective.

 I gained a lot of new skills from working on the Wiki. By coming up with a form to evaluate websites it helped me to learn what I should be looking out for when I use sources in my own education. I also enjoyed working as a group. It was great to collaborate on this project and to see the finished product when we all put our work together.


No comments:

Post a Comment