Monday, February 22, 2016

Blog #5

Web 2.0 materials are very helpful in the classroom. There many different options and countless possibilities when it comes to using them for educational purposes. They are very useful because they help students interact with each other and collaborate on projects. Many of these tools can be accessed through the internet so students can use these programs on computers.

An interesting Web 2.0 tool that I found was Kidblog. This allows students to create their own blogs while the teacher has complete control of the site. It enables elementary and middle school students to create their own blog while in a safe environment that is monitored by the instructor.

Another reason that Kidblog is great is that it is very user friendly. It's simple structure makes it very easy for students to use. This is aspect is very important because not all students have the same abilities when it comes to technology so it is very important that they can use it. You can find out more information at http://kidblog.org/home/

I really enjoyed making the concept map. It was a great experience because it introduced a new way for me to display information. Concept maps ate a great way to organize ideas and arrange thoughts. Since, there are many different types of learners, teachers have to explore different ways of displaying facts and key ideas. I think that if I was used to the program, I would have made a better map. I definitely have room to improve.


7 comments:

  1. Great concept map very organized and easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that a site that is user friendly is great for classroom use! Kidblog sounds like a cool site!
    I also like your concept map and how you color coded it. It makes it easier to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Kidblog! That definitely sounds like a good tool to use in the classroom! I'll have to check it out. Your concept map is very organized and I like how it is color coded so students don't confuse information together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with using blogs in the classroom! I especially like the fact that it is kid friendly and safe! Blogs will motivate students to write and make it fun as well! It is also a great tool for self-expression, which younger kids especially might struggle with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've also never heard of kid blog before, but it sounds like a great site to use in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've also never heard of kid blog before, but it sounds like a great site to use in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your concept map is great and very colorful, this is helpful to draw student attention

    ReplyDelete