Monday, March 28, 2016

Blog Post 9

The "flipped classroom" is a term used to describe a classroom where the typical elements of lectures and homework are flipped. I actually had a flipped classroom in high school. My psychology teacher started posting video lectures on YouTube and we used class time for discussions, note taking, or individual studies. Sometimes it worked really well because we could have in depth discussions about topics that were more difficult instead of going over all of the topics. However, a lot of times it didn't work out because people would just get off task and not do work during the individual study time.

A web-based resource that I would use is   http://news.nationalgeographic.com/. I could use this to show students articles that relate to the curriculum. I would have the students read the article while filling out a handout that I would make based on the information found in the article. In the handout I would include space to take notes and at the end there would be discussion questions.

I learned how to use hyperlinks to link parts within the document. I also learned how to embed an audio clip in a slide. I really enjoyed this assignment because it allowed me to add a lot of different creative elements to my interactive quiz. It was kind of annoying to have to keep making different hyperlinks and it was really time consuming. Next time I will probably do more with the navigation and make the format less linear.

No comments:

Post a Comment